HEED 3 – The Original Helicopter Emergency Egress Device
- It provides lifesaving air needed to egress from a downed aircraft or a rolled vehicle in the water.
- Ideal for all helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft, float planes, watercraft and vehicles that operate around possible water emergencies.
- Protects personnel from inhaling dangerous and lethal toxic fumes from fire or smoke.
- The HEED 3 is also known as the SEED (Supplementary Emergency Escape Device), the STASS (Short Term Air Supply System), Spare Air® (The SCUBA recreational dive version), Spare Air Industrial (packaged for commercial personnel exposed to toxic fumes), Spare Air Escape (includes a mask to aid home users in escape from smoke and fire), and Xtreme Sport (our smallest model for Kayakers, Surfers and other extreme sports enthusiasts).
- Over 300,000 systems sold worldwide.
- HEED3 is proudly made in the USA by Submersible Systems in Huntington Beach, California.
All HEED 3 Cylinders are available with either CE or DOT tank markings.
HEED 3 APPLICATIONS
The HEED 3 is known throughout the world as the leading emergency breathing apparatus for egressing from ditched helicopters or smoke-filled environments. Wherever there is a short-term out-of-air emergency, HEED 3 is “There when you need it.”