Aqua Lung Pearl i3 bcd
• Pearl i3 Hybrid air cell combining the best features of a jacket style
• Sleek, low profile lobes with scalloped lower edges to rise above the hips
• The patented, integrated sports bra provides added comfort, security and stability
• The flat valves (patent pending) reduce drag and keep the BC streamlined
• Weight integration features the SureLock™ II (patented) mechanical lock and release system. The weight pockets align themselves, so just insert the pocket until it “clicks”. A simple, single pull of the release is all it takes to jettison the weights in an emergency.
• Two large, lobe pockets are secured with zippers
• Four D-rings available for multiple accessory attachments.
• Additional grommets available for attachment of any Aqua Lung (Deep See?) model knife.
• Octo-pockets found on either side securely stow your octopus
• Adjustable waist band accommodates most divers
With my new BCD in my hands, I headed off to the ocean to test it out. The main feature I was really excited about was the i3 system. When I’m diving I usually have a few cameras (yes, more than one) in my hands, so having the inflator/deflator on the left side of the BC was perfect for me. Many times, I’ve struggled with an inflator hose in an attempt to dump air. But that was not the case with this BCD. The Pearl i3 can dump air from any position, adding to its performance.