Apeks TEK 3 Twinset Regulator Set
Each first stage of the Apeks Tek 3 has three medium pressure ports and one high pressure port. They are over-balanced, cold water compatible and extremely robust. Tek3 looks great too. Not only is the Tek3 suitable for twinset use but it is equally suitable for single cylinder or stage cylinder configurations offering perfect, snag-free hose positioning.
For those that already own two Apeks regulators and would like to take advantage of the Tek 3 first stages, AP0367-1, TEK 3 SET, FIRST STAGES, includes: a LH Tek 3 first stage and a RH Tek 3 first stage in one box.
The Apeks TEK3 utilises all of the proven technology contained within the Apeks range of first stage regulators .
The ports on the TEK3 first stages are oriented so that all hoses will route downward to provide the streamlined configuration required by technical divers.
Allows unrestricted accessibility to the cylinder valves when using a twin cylinder set up.
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, a wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and a narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
The second stage can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed configuration. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorized Service Technician.
Available with DIN connection only.
Outstanding cold water performance (below 10 C / 50 F).
Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
First Stage Tek 3:
- Compact, solid one-piece body
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 1 HP port and 3 MP ports are all angled downward.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- The maximum working pressure is 300 BAR (4350 psi).
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used – press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when the regulator clearing, etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- An easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.