WDS Surface Marker Deluxe Marker
The “Original – Surface Marker WDS” with an upgrade
The WDS Deluxe Marker is 30cm (11.5″) longer than the Original and features a broad band of SOLAS reflective tape across the top for added visibility. With the included indestructible Stainless Steel Rescue Mirror you have the most reliable gear to ensure your maximum visibility at sea.
WDS Deluxe Marker is an ALL-IN-ONE ready to use Surface Marker Buoy Set
- WDS – Webbing Deployment System
- Orange-Yellow Surface Marker Buoy
- Indestructible Stainless Steel Signal Mirror
- BCD attachable Carry Pouch
Recommended deployment from your Safety Stop: Sport Diving / Recreational Diving
- The WDS eliminates the need to carry a dedicated reel or spool.
- The Open – Ended Buoy has the advantage that it is more compact than Self-Sealing Buoys and can emptied quickly at the end of the dive for stowage.
- Carry Pouch can be used for external BCD attachment. Compact enough to take on every dive.
- The SOLAS Reflective Tape reflects light by day and night.
- Stainless Steel Rescue Mirror to attract attention of boats and aircraft in stranded diver situations.
- Made from durable 210D Nylon with welded seams and stitched edge tape to prevent fraying.
With both an orange and a yellow panel this is by far the most visible combo for the recreational diver.
- The orange panel is more visible in bright sunlight and significant glare.
- While the yellow panel will prove its worth as light deteriorates or the clouds move in
How to deploy:
Purging a regulator into the open end and the WDS will automatically deploy and pulled out of the retainer loop by loop.
The WDS 5.5 greatly reduces the risk of entanglement normally faced with free-floating string or cord.
SURFACE MARKER WDS 5.5m – WEBBING DEPLOYMENT SYSTEM
An easy way to deploy your Surface Marker Buoy / DSMB from your safety stop.*
- Easy deployment from safety stop: Unfurls automatically when deployed. Much easier to hold and handle than cord
- Safe: No free floating string to get tangled in
- Maintenance Free:No moving parts or knobs to adjust
- Compact: Can be stowed by rolling it into the buoy
- Effortless gathering upon ascent – The WDS is ready for the next dive
The WDS consists of 5.5m (18ft) long and 2cm (6/8?) wide red and white Surface Marker Webbing with a large 316 Stainless Steel ring at one end for deployment handling. At the other end is a Marine Brass Snap Hook for attaching to the Surface Marker Buoy.
The WDS is also equipped with a elastic cord retainer that makes deployment of the buoy simple and tangle free.