XL4 OCEA Regulator
The XL4 Ocea regulator is the first of its kind – an environmentally-conscious regulator made from recycled materials and bio-plastics, manufactured in a solar-powered facility. Based on the XL4+, every single material and process was reconsidered to create the most eco-sensitive scuba diving regulator in the world.
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion
|Connections||Yoke and DIN available|
|Type of first stage||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed|
|Body Type||One piece machined body|
|Number of HP ports||2 (7/16″ UNF)|
|Number of MP ports||4 (3/8″ UNF)|
|Weight||DIN – 905g (2 lb)|
Yoke – 1041g (2.3 lb)
|Environmental Dry Kit||Standard|
|First stage exterior||Satin|
|Cold water use||Yes|
|Type of second stage||Pneumatically balanced|
|Opening Effort Control Knob||No|
|Integrated Venturi Lever||Yes|
|Exhaust tee||Standard, one set|
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance||Yes|
|Hose type||Braided Flexi-hose|
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores||Avg. 0.90 joules/liter|
There are no reviews yet.