Aqualung Express Fins
This high performance, Aqualung Express fins is based upon the Slingshot technology coupled with the latest in materials innovation.
The blade is not directly attached to the front of the foot pocket. The fulcrum point is at the patented mid-foot location, known as the “mid-foot flex joint”. This takes the strain off of the toes and ankle and allows the entire foot to be used. This results in incredible comfort.
To bridge the gap between blade and foot pocket an “armadillo” membrane is used. The “armadillo” is a patented, elongating membrane made out of super-elastic rubber. It serves two functions:
- Accumulates elastic energy during each kick and gives it back at the end of the kick
- Make a complete connection between foot pocket and blade, eliminating hydrodynamic gap that water can move through
- Made with different thickness zones for better transmission of power from leg to fin
- Integrated power transmission belt keeps pocket from stretching on power stroke
- Low profile eliminates drag and turbulence
- Large rubber side ribs are high enough to channel water flow down the blade without letting water “spill” over the edges
- Blade made of customized techno-polymer alloy that has high spring effect and flexibility to maximize acceleration
- Strong side ribs and rubber inserts on blade are made with a elastomeric compounds, customized for Aqualung to provide maximum elasticity
- Foot pocket made with rubber of different elasticities
There are no reviews yet.